Monday

How I got to UB.

Well, i guess I should start with the beginning of high school. I was never a "good" student, in the view of the academic standards I mean. I never really thought about my future that much, just the present or what I was going to be doing the next weekend. As much as I wanted to imagine what I was going to be for the rest of my life, it seemed so distant and unrealistic i brushed it off. Well, that caught up to me at the end of freshman year when i had an accumalitive average of around a 69. I switched schools and then I started to get my act together. By getting my act together, I mean I actually did some homework and fell into a nice, comfortable rhythm. I figured I was smart enough to be able to coast my way right through high school, and to a degree, it worked. That was until I started looking at college. All my friends where very good students. One went to Colgate for a grand total of $5,000, all four years. Two went to BC Honors, two to Clark and one went to Bard. All close to free rides of course. When I came to the realization that they are set on very successful career paths, I made up my mind to accomplish something that none of my friends or family would see coming, especially from me. I chose UB simply because of how much is has to offer and all the oppourtunities it provides. I'm at the point where i havent a clue to what I want to do but I know I'm going get whatever I do set my mind to. I've been thinking about pre-med, but psych has always been interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment